March 17, 2012

A Couple of Things...

I wonder what it says about me when I go missing from my blog for a month and a half?

And I still owe you three days from January's photo-a-day challenge.

But what I really want to say is:

1. It's such a shame that David Gray's This Year's Love was played out on the worst season ever of The Bachelor. Such a goddamn shame. A waste, really. It's such a beautiful song.


2. I heard Tomorrow, a Silverchair song, on the radio the other day. It reminded me of middle school and how much I hated the lyric:
"You say that money, isn't everything,
But I'd like to see you live without it." 

Don't ask me why, but it always got under my skin. 

Which reminds me of other lyrics that I f-ing hate.

"Me not working hard? Yeah right, picture that with a Kodak." 

My rule is that if I could have written the lyric, it sucks. (That's not entirely true considering I do love me some Britney Spears.)

This one takes the cake, though:

"Nobody seldom made me feel the way that you do." 
- Enrique Iglesias, Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)

This one hurts my brain. How does NOBODY seldom make you feel a certain way? I just don't get it. Can someone explain it to me? I can understand if other people seldom make him feel this way or no one ever makes him feel this way, but how does NOBODY seldom make him feel this way? How are you seldom made to feel a certain way by nobody? I just don't fucking get it. I DON'T GET IT, and it hurts my brain to think about it.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, David Gray's "White Ladder" album is one of my Top 10 Desert Island albums. His cover of "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye" is leaps and bounds better than the Soft Cell version. Some might run me out of town for saying that, but it's true.

    While we're talking about lyrics... I called my friend Eileen a few months ago and played the opening lines to "Telephone Line" by ELO on her voicemail. She's one of a very few people who found that highly amusing (the other people being pretty much you and me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, top 10 desert island albums really says a lot. It hadn't occurred to me to check out the whole album. I know it's several years old, but I hadn't ever heard that song, even, until several months back when Nick played it for me. I'll be hittin' up iTunes later today ;)

    Ha ha :) I'm glad she enjoyed it. I have it stuck in my head now... "Hello. How are you? Have you been alright, all those lonely, lonely, lonely nights? That's what I'd say, I'd tell you everything if you'd pick up that telephone." At least that's how I remember it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1999? Where have I been? I guess "several years old" is a slight understatement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so young:) you don't even realize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're silly, mom :)

    Kelley - same to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. David Gray is one of my favs, period. "Lost Songs" has a similar sound to "White Ladder", but a little softer. "A New Day At Midnight" and "Life In Slow Motion" are fantastic, too... I still listen to them off and on. "Now and Always" is a track on "Life In Slow Motion" - I swear, I'll play it at my wedding. It makes me cry every time I hear it.

    Signed,
    Giant Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so sweet, you big nerd ;) (Nerds are, of course, awesome.) I'll have to listen to it, and I look forward to hearing at your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to have you back...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...