January 24, 2012

Day 23 & 24: Something Old and Guilty Pleasure

Day 23, January 23, 2012:
SOMETHING OLD


My friend Sheri gave me this necklace years and years and years ago. I wear it nearly every day. It's cute and it has sentimental value. The engraving on the back has all but worn off, but I know a dear friend gave it to me and that's all I need to know.  

Day 24, January 24, 2012:
GUILTY PLEASURE


You'll have to ignore Doug in this photo. He sees ice cream, so nothing else in the world exists to him. My guilty pleasure... er, one of my guilty pleasures is sweets. Anything with sugar in it is A-OK in my book. This is a 100 calorie Skinny Cow White Mint Truffle ice cream bar. A Snickers candy bar also sounds good to me and, for that matter, so does a gooey cinnamon roll. Sure I feel guilt with each and every sweet I eat, but now I live my life by the directive of this fortune cookie: "Be good to yourself. Dessert three times per week is  OK." 


Photo-A-Day Challenge: Day 1 - 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16, Day 17, Day 18, Day 19, Day 20, Day 21 - 22

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I can't believe you still have that necklace! It looks so pretty, the way it's worn down. I recognized it IMMEDIATELY.

    My guilty pleasure? TMZ. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, TMZ... I hear you on that one. I'm guilty of indulging in the occasional US or People magazine. Oh, that and obsessively checking OMG.yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that necklace too:)I'm sitting around the corner from your senior picture and you are wearing it. So pretty. Love you Sara D, Love you SheriB

    And Doug... unbelievably adorable, your heart just goes out to him! He's going to have to come to Grandma's with his brother and have a frosty paw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, that's a great observation. I was thinking that Sheri gave it to me after high school, so now I know it's even older than I thought.

    Doug does look precious sitting there patiently. He is overdue for some grandma and grandpa time and for some frosty paws :)

    Love you too Laurel B.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...