January 22, 2012

QOTW: January 22 - January 28, 2012


"I'll tell you this: the first 6 months, I was SO relaxed. I was Al Bundy, hands down my pants while sippin a brewsky and watching TV, relaxed. Guess what? That didn't make me pregnant! I know, hard to believe, right?" - Jen Knepper

Its My Birthday! Party Wooo! ( also TGIF )

Photo: Source

I've been reading Jen's blog since before Nick and I were even trying to conceive. I remember thinking how awful it must be for a woman who wants to have children to struggle to get pregnant. I remember thinking that I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. And here I am! Yay!

Jen's quote is from a post she did on what people said to her while she was trying to get pregnant. Like, the above was in response to people telling her to "just relax." I've gotten that one more times than I care to admit. I actually had someone tell me that "it's been proven" that if you just relax and don't stress about it, you'll get pregnant. I was pretty relaxed for that whole year and a half I was off birth control before we even started trying and that didn't work, so WTF, proven science?   

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...