November 12, 2012

November 12 Q & A - Coupons

The writing prompt for today asks me to tell you about my favorite place to blog. The short and long answer to this is: my couch. The only way to make this post more interesting is to also talk about coupons.

I had to kill some time today before an appointment and so, for whatever reason, I pulled out some coupons and gave them a gander. I never cut coupons. I had to go to the grocery store, though, and they were sitting there, so why the heck not.

I remember cutting coupons for my parents when I was little, but I don't recall them being as horrible as they are now. Every coupon requires you to buy three, four or five of whatever it is in order to save money. I mean, maybe it's because we're a household of two, but I don't know how we can save any money when we are buying double or triple what we actually need in order to save money. I get the idea is to stockpile food and eventually you'll save money, but jiminy christmas. I'd like to save $0.75 on tampons without having to buy 3 boxes.

2 comments:

  1. I know that is so true! I remember when you kids were home and we could get double coupons at Frys in Phoenix. We hecka cleaned up!
    Also, when we were kids in Oregon, we took turns with the Sunday paper. We could clip the coupons and walk to the local store and redeem them for cash. Candy money for a week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is why couponing makes no sense to me! Its not like we can store the crap! And California doesnt double or triple coupons. So really, whats the point? Oh and Im so glad you're back to writing! I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...