November 10, 2012

November 8 & 9 Q & A - Career and Changes

Always late, but worth the wait or so my license plate frame said in high school... or maybe that was a bumper sticker. Wait, maybe it was a keychain. All I remember is that I had something that said that on it.

So the writing prompt for last Thursday was:

If you could have any job (and instantly have the training and qualifications to do it), which job would you want?

What job would I want? That's a good one. I would honestly go back to school to make any of these a reality if I didn't already have a student loan the size of a car (mercedes) payment: interior designer, teacher, marriage and family therapist, or school counselor. I would also not mind going to law school, but that is not really part of the question. Just a random fact. Interestingly enough, I went to school for interior design for one or two semesters, and I am part way there for the other three... Oh, but the question stipulates that I instantly have the training and qualifications.

I think I need more creativity in my nine to five life so I suppose if I had to narrow it to one, I would say interior design. I'd like to work with colors, patterns, textiles, different floor plans, different styles and tastes. It would be like putting a puzzle together, and I think I'd like it very much. I stopped working toward it in school because I didn't care much about my own well being back then, just my loser boyfriend. My PSA to the young ladies of today would be: never sacrifice yourself!

On to the next question. It was from yesterday and goes a little something like this:

If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be?

Aside from the obvious (having kids) I would say I would change my fear of flying. Just a short tidbit: Nick and I had a vacation planned this past September. We were going to go to Washington DC and New York. I got to the airport and cried. I didn't think I could do it. I battled between knowing that I would disappoint my husband if I didn't go and torturing myself if I did go. Flying to me is torture. That is the only way I can describe it. For my husband, I tried. We were the last ones to board the plane. I couldn't do it, though. I turned around and walked off the plane. In that moment, I just couldn't do it. My poor husband.

I'd really like to be able to go. I'd like to be able to fly. I'd like to not hold Nick back.

I have to go to LA in December for work (on my freaking birthday). I'm debating whether or not I should fly. I feel like I'm strong enough to do it. It's a short flight. But I know when I get to the airport, it will be a struggle, so I don't know why I would do that to myself.  Agh! But, yes, I would take this fear away if I could. That is the one thing that I would change.

Boom. Questions answered.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could take it away for you. You are not alone, millions are afraid to fly, it is a very real fear. Your husband loves you and he knew about your fear before you were married, so stop beating yourself up. It's not one of those things where you can just bite the bullet and get a plane and ignore it. I vote for talking to a therapist who is experienced with this.

    By the way, You are a awesome decorator. You are eventually going to land that dream job.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...