November 5, 2012

November 5 Q & A - Election

Writing prompt for today:

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election?


Here's what I'll say: I hope that when all is said and done, the victor of the presidential election will have my parents' best interest in mind for the next four years. I hope that he will have my in-laws' best interest in mind, the rest of my family, my friends, my friends' families, my husband, people who are less fortunate that I am, women, gay people (or, as I like to call them: 'people'), the elderly, children, minorities, compassionate and open-minded people, Doug, Moose. I hope that he will not solely focus on what is best for older, white, affluent men. I think we need less of that and more of everything else.

3 comments:

  1. Did you listen to this week's This American Life? http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/478/red-state-blue-state

    The part where the woman was talking about her sister, and how she's so puzzled that she's a liberal, because liberals are so selfish and don't want to help anyone, and that just didn't seem like the type of person her sister was. I just started crying in my car... there are so many misunderstandings out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, gay marriage is on the ballot here in Washington State. I hope, more than anything, that Washington is on the right side of history tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri - I haven't listened to it, but I will. It sounds like it will upset me! :) That's a new one to me that liberals don't want to help anyone. I am astonished that someone associates selfishness with liberalism. But I guess The Affordable Healthcare Act just screams SELFISH, right? That is very sad.

    Ooh... I'll be rooting for Washington. Fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...